WE Recycle accepts paper, plastic, metal, cardboard and glass. These materials represent 75% of our daily household waste.
WE Recycle accepts clean recyclables only. No liquid or food residue.
Click on photo of a recyclable material below to learn what WE Recycle does and does not accept.
You do not have to remove staples, paper clips, plastic windows, or tape.
Please place shredded paper in a separate bag.
- Office Paper
- Brown Paper Bags
- Junk Mail
- Phone Books
- Greeting Cards
- File Folders
- Hard-Cover Bound Books -at an additional charge. Reusing or donating books to libraries, schools and non-profits is highly encouraged first.
- Shredded Paper - keep shredded paper in a separate bag.
- Butcher Paper (clean)
- Paper Napkins - compostable
- Paper Towels - compostable
- Tissue Paper - compostable
- Wax Paper
- Dryer Sheets
- Paper Cups & Plates - paper plates and cups (i.e. Starbucks cups) are covered in a waxy substance to prevent leaching of liquids through the paper. This wax causes paper cups and plates to be non-recyclable. *TIP: Bring your own cup or plate.
- Carbon Paper
- Construction/Neon Paper - these dark or super-bright papers are made with beater dyes and because they contain so much dye, the are no longer recyclable.
- TYVEK Envelopes
- Labels or Stickers
Remove ALL food and drink. It is not recyclable if there is food or liquid residue.
NO PLASTIC BAGS.
- #1 - #7 Hard Plastic Containers
- Water Bottles
- Soda Bottles
- Milk Jugs
- Detergent Bottles
- Plastic Pipe - ONLY if cut into less than 3 ft. sections.
- Medicine Bottles
- Vitamin Bottles
- Plastic Bags - this includes produce bags, trash bags, bubble wrap, cereal box plastic, potato chip bags, candy wrappers, ziplock bags, shopping bags of any kind, plastic film, plastic wrapping of any kind, saran wrap
- Styrofoam Peanuts
- Styrofoam Take-Out Containers
- Plastic Plates
- Plastic SOLO Cups
- Styrofoam Cups
- Spitter Bottles
The number on the bottom of a plastic container identifies only the type of plastic resin, it does not indicate how the product was made. Different manufacturing processes give plastics different melting points and other often unpredictable properties. The number does not dictate whether the plastic is recyclable - your community recycling center guidelines do. WE Recycle can accept all #1 - #7 HARD plastics. WE Recycle DOES NOT accept plastic bags or styrofoam EVEN if there is a number on the container/bag.
What are #1 - #7 hard plastics?
- #1 PE: Soda bottles, oven-ready meal trays, and water bottles.
- #2 HDPE: Milk bottles, detergent bottles, and spray bottles.
- #3 PVC: Loose-leaf binders and plastic pipes.
- #4 LDPE**: Squeezable bottles
- #5 PP: Medicine bottles, drinking straws, and food containers (ketchup bottles, sour cream/butter/hummus tubs).
- #6 PS: Compact disc jackets and plastic tableware.
- #7 Other: Reusable water bottles, certain kinds of food containers, and Tupperware.
WE DO NOT PAY FOR METALS.
Empty all aerosol cans completely.
Remove ALL food and drink.
You do not have to remove labels.
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel Cans
- Tin Cans
- Aluminum Foil - must be clean and without food or oil residue.
- Copper Wire
- EMPTY Aerosol Cans
- Clean Pie Tins
- Metal Lids
- Metal Bottle Caps
- Razor Blades
- Saw Blades
- Fire Extinguishers
- Soiled Aluminum Foil
- Soiled Tin/Steel/Aluminum Cans
WE Recycle accepts ALL types and sizes of metals at our drop-off center during drop-off hours. Please place ONLY the above listed acceptable items in your bag. ALL other large metal pieces MUST be brought to the center.
Curbside: ALL CARDBOARD MUST BE BROKEN DOWN. Must be bound with twine or broken down and placed in another larger box. If cardboard is not prepared in this manner, it may not be picked up.
Drop-Off: ALL CARDBOARD MUST BE BROKEN DOWN. If cardboard is not broken down, you may be charged an additional fee.
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Office Supply Boxes
- Produce/Food Boxes
- Moving Boxes
- Pizza Boxes - only if not soiled. If pizza box has a lot of grease on it, please dispose of the half with grease and only recycle the clean half.
- Cereal Boxe
- Paper Towel Rolls
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Snack Boxes
- Paper Cardboard
- airy Cartons
- Juice Cartons
- Soiled Pizza Boxes
- Oily Cardboard
- Paint Covered Cardboard
- Moldy Cardboard
Please note the types of glass we accept and those we do not accept. Not all glass is created equal and much of it is not recyclable at our facility.
- Glass Bottles - all colors of glass accepted: clear, blue, green, and brown.
- Glass Jars - all colors of glass accepted: clear, blue, green, and brown.
- Window-Pane Glass
- Tempered Glass
- Light Bulbs
- Drinking Glasses
These are all different types of glass with different melting points. Just one of these items could contaminate an entire load of recyclable glass. ONLY GLASS BOTTLES AND JARS ARE ACCEPTABLE.
Hard-to- Recycle Materials
These materials are difficult to recycle in a traditional way.
DO NOT PUT THESE ITEMS IN YOUR BAG.
WE RECYCLE DOES NOT ACCEPT THESE MATERIALS.
- Large Plastic Items - tubs, lawn furniture, plastic furniture, plastic playground equipment, rigid kiddie pools, crates, dog houses
- Soft Inflatable Plastics - boating tubes, inflatable toys
- Bike Tubes
- Bike Tires
- Wood Furniture
- Fabric of any kind
If you have any materials that could be reused (any items listed above or such as hangers, pots, pans, yard furniture, screen doors) please take these items to a thrift store where they may be granted a second life.
To recycle these materials, there are several Centers for Hard-to-Recycle Materials in Colorado. There is usually a fee associated with recycling these materials. We DO NOT ACCEPT hard-to-recycle materials at our facility. The closest Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials is:
CHaRM Facility - Eco-Cycle
6400 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, CO 80303
If you would like to see a Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials in Pueblo, please contact …