ELECTRONICS & BATTERIES
WE Recycle accepts electronics and batteries at the recycling center DURING our designated electronics drop-off day; the first Thursday of every month from 11am to 6pm. Electronics and batteries will not be accepted at any other time. DO NOT place electronics or batteries in your household recycling bag. Electronics & batteries MUST be brought to the center on designated drop-off day. Take a look below for accepted items & associated fees.
If interested in a commercial pick-up of electronics, call our office to arrange. NO commercial drop-off.
WHY SHOULD I RECYCLE MY ELECTRONICS?
As of July 1, 2013, it is Colorado State Law that electronics may not be thrown into a landfill. Electronics include a host of environmentally deleterious chemicals like mercury, cadmium, lead, phosphors, arsenic, and beryllium. When these end up in a landfill, chemicals eventually seep into the ground and into our water supply , thus properly disposing of electronic devices is paramount. By recycling your electronics, we are ensuring that hazardous waste does not leach into the earth, endangering plants, animals, water, and human health.
WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO RECYCLE MY ELECTRONICS?
As with all other aspects of recycling, there is a cost involved in the processing, disassembly, and distribution of electronic devices. We ensure that our electronics are distributed to environmentally responsible electronics recyclers where each element will be ethically recycled.
- NO appliances with freon
- NO paint
- NO light bulbs of any type
- NO used oil
- NO smoke detectors
- NO broken monitors/TV's
- NO disassembled CRT's
- NO propane
- NO freezers
- NO heaters
- NO refrigerators
- NO ice makers
- NO water coolers
- Computer Towers ($5 each)
- Cell Phones ($1 each)
- CD Player/Walkman/MP3 Device/Handheld Devices ($3 each)
- Film/Digital Cameras ($5 each)
- Telephones ($2 each)
- Toasters/Microwave Ovens ($4 each)
- Power Tools ($6 - $20 based on weight)
- Fax Machines ($6 - $18 based on weight)
- Keyboards ($1 each)
- Mice ($1 each)
- Game Consoles ($6 each)
- VCR/DVD Players ($4 each)
- Bathroom Appliances (Curling Irons etc.) ($2 each)
- Hubs/Switches/Routers ($5 - $15 based on weight)
- iPads/Tablets ($4 each)
- Laptops ($6)
- Microwaves ($10 - $20 based on weight)
- Printers/Plotters ($10 - $20 based on weight)
- Projectors ($6 each)
- Radios/Stereos ($4 - $10 based on weight)
- Scanners/Servers/Speakers ($8 - $18 based on weight)
- Flat Screen Television/Computer Screens ($1 per inch - 52" = $52)
- Old Tube Television/CRT Computer Screens ($4 per inch - 30" = $120)
- Ink/Toner Cartridges ($0.50 each for ink, $2 each for toner)
Please do not place batteries in your bag.
WE Recycle accepts alkaline, li-ion, pb, ni-cad, & ni-nh batteries for $3 per pound.